Gustafsons' Island

Our vacation on Kauai

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Washington, United States

My name is Suzy. My first guide dog was named Mirage. She retired to Mari in February 2013. Pilgrim is my second guide dog. We are graduates of Guide Dogs for the Blind.I have a progressive degenerative genetic eye condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa and I see as if through a keyhole. I am thankful for my remaining eyesight. I appreciate the companionship and mobility Mirage and Pilgrim bring to my life.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Tropical Showers Prevail

Yes, those heavenly showers continue to nourish and refresh the islands. We have a plan to endure and enjoy each moment here in Hawaii. Warrior One is the pose of the day~


"Letting go of all your thoughts
Set yourself free" ~Tara
(of predicted outcomes, or fantasy weather scenarios)
"Surrender and rejoice'' ~Tara


We attend a time-share presentation this morning. It pays $100, and is encouraged by our owner's association because they get a cut. We were curious about the property, but not sincere about purchasing. It seems like we let the young salesman down, stealing his time. The damp stroll to the property was sweet.



We drove south to Kapaa in the worst downpour I've ever witnessed, then enjoyed a good pizza and salad for lunch. Then a little puddle hopping down main street and shopping at the Tropical Tantrum. Buying one thing takes me several days. Dan let the ladies know ...
We stopped along a few beaches to enjoy some yoga stretches and watch surfers, visited a guava plantation, Kilauea's Bakery and the mid-week grocery shopping at the Farmer's Market

It was a relaxing day of just going with the flow.

Relax Deeply at 5:30 was a fairly 'busy' class. It helps me as a yeacher to understand what helps students and what doesn't. I love routine and structure, poses and directions, not "Find a nice stretch for yourself."

"To be sensitive, is to really live." ~ Kari
"Be willing to feel ... and heal." ~ Kari

But there is always something to learn from a yoga class: "Without the breath, the poses are just a lot of calisthenics. Add the breath and go deeper, heal." ~ Bhavani


Dan loves watching whales off the lanai here at The Cliffs.
We had a romantic dinner outdoors around 8. Crashing surf, fragrant, warm winds, and showers!
( My 8 ounce portion is a grilled bean burrito :-)

It's all good, being here with Dan. (I have decided that I am the flea on this migratory bird.)

Aloha, Susan

A couple of days late, here's the answer to Monday's question: The pose was Uttanasana, or Waterfall Pose. Can you guess the name of this pose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home