Gustafsons' Island

Our vacation on Kauai

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Washington, United States

My name is Suzy. My first guide dog was named Mirage. She retired to Mari in February 2013. Pilgrim is my second guide dog. We are graduates of Guide Dogs for the Blind.I have a progressive degenerative genetic eye condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa and I see as if through a keyhole. I am thankful for my remaining eyesight. I appreciate the companionship and mobility Mirage and Pilgrim bring to my life.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Let it Shine...

The birds are twittering, chirping and screeching: "Wake up, The sun has returned".
Dan sleeps in and I hop up (my Dad was a Marine you know.. (smiles).
I watch the sun rise and decide to paint. The intensity of painting hurts my eyes, really hurts. So I've taken a few days off to rest them.
Here's today's creation:














When Dan and I have breakfast this little cutie joins us for the peanut butter toast. These cardinals abound at The Cliffs...but not when it's rainy. This is our first sighting.

Then we're off to the beach to embrace the sun and ocean's saltiness. Dan floats happily, while I read and do my yoga practice.
No formal class today; it's all about your personal practice today. All I can say is start with an intention. Shower, set the space as if you were planning to entertain a beloved friend, then meet yourself on your mat. This is where your personal experience deepens to to Joy and Love and Peace!!! I can't tell you, smiles, just take ten minutes three times a week and go deeper.

Then getting hungry we head to Kapa'a for a Thai luncheon. Back to the beach for more light and salt and ocean's roar. We never tire of the majestic ocean and it's beaches.

We head for home to freshen up before church at St. Sylvester's Catholic Church in Kiluea. Shell leis are our greeting. The priest is here presiding on Kauai ( on vacation from Idaho?). It's a terrific homily and it could be Baptist. It's the sweet simple story that we are called to live counter- culturally. "People, the Lord has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. "
Then home again home again jiggety jig. We enjoy the sun setting on another day in paradise, make pizza and watch some public tv.
Sweet dreams and Mahalo for tuning in.
Love, Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home