Gustafsons' Island

Our vacation on Kauai

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Washington, United States

My name is Suzy. My first guide dog was named Mirage. She retired to Mari in February 2013. Pilgrim is my second guide dog. We are graduates of Guide Dogs for the Blind.I have a progressive degenerative genetic eye condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa and I see as if through a keyhole. I am thankful for my remaining eyesight. I appreciate the companionship and mobility Mirage and Pilgrim bring to my life.

Monday, January 30, 2006

All of the yoga students said, "Huh?"

The mysterious quote of the day ...
"The Universe was drowning in the Light of the Soul's Divine wine . . . " ~Tara reads Hafiz, Persian poet extroidanairre
Surrender to that! It made savasana a fascinating meditation.

The day began at the pool, swimming and floating under beautiful, blue skies.
Then Yoga class, quite vigorous, so many new flow sequences and poses I have never experienced.
Lunch at the Hanalei Mixed Plate, then off to Hanalei Bay for painting and Dan enjoys the Surf. Too rough to do much of just bobbing around, which I (Dan) like best, but after a while I got up enough confidence to do some body surfing. Came out of it invigorated, slightly sore and slightly sunburned. Here's Dan (hard to see) in Hanalei Bay. This one's for you, Gail:



Dan is so at home in the Bay, when he returned to our blanket, I painted a home on the shore:




We have just enough time to shower away the sand and cool the reddened skin before the Welcome Reception.
Here is the pose of the Day...Virasana or Hero's Pose. Mostly beacause after two days off the mat, I was somewhat fidgety today, so here's a simple grounding pose, always surrendering and turning into the breath to calm the vritti (monkey) mind.

Does anyone out there need a sarong? I am dying to go shopping although I don't need a thing. They come in a dozen colors and are only $5.99; in red, hot pink, baby pink, orange, yellow, lime, aqua, navy and black. They have a little batik print at the edge. Soft, and not sheer. I can even find you a matching silk lei, for about $2, for your next luau.

Here is a whale photo, my they were busy off the Cliffs this morning. This is the best picture I took. And a photo Dan took of sunset this evening from our lanai.




Aloha,

Susan and Dan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are looking quite tanned and beautiful there girl. Perhaps an aqua sarong would be nice to go with my suit. Not really sure what it looks like since I do not have one, but since we're having a luau, I should dress the part.
Looking forward to learning a few yoga poses when you return. I'd like to get into it a bit more. Hugs

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home