Gustafsons' Island

Our vacation on Kauai

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Washington, United States

My name is Suzy. My first guide dog was named Mirage. She retired to Mari in February 2013. Pilgrim is my second guide dog. We are graduates of Guide Dogs for the Blind.I have a progressive degenerative genetic eye condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa and I see as if through a keyhole. I am thankful for my remaining eyesight. I appreciate the companionship and mobility Mirage and Pilgrim bring to my life.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Spinning Dolphin Dan



Sunrise, heavenly sunshine.


We are up early and off to Moloa'a Bay. It's remote, except for a doggy who greeted us (a pale yellow colored lab with long curly hair looks like what our puppies would have looked like if Emmalou and Owen had 'married.') And then a tour bus arrived to view the movie set of Gilligan's Island, we didn't know this was a tour destination.



Dan has so much fun frolicking in the salt water, I catch him here, Spinning like a Bottlenose Dolphin. I am content to paint. And what I love is that nothing I try to paint holds a candle to God's paintings. I am routinely humbled in my attempts, though it's still fun and helps me ground and concentrate: a good discipline.



We have a feast of avocado sandwiches and organic (don't panic) red corn chips with mango bean salsa and a Pilsner Urquell.

Then we stop by the Fish Market to pick up a pound of swordfish to grill for dinner, and I take a few pictures for Sheryl Schulling, amazing botanical specimens.

We need a few grocery items, so we swing by the Farmer's Market for bananas and tomatoes, an avocado and an unexpected treasure: Lilikoi (passion fruit) goat's cheese. A scrumptuous pupu to enjoy as we grill. Today yoga is Relax Deeply from 5:30-7:00 so dinner will be stylishly late, and we'll be famished.



The Pose of the Day is Camel Pose or Ustrasana.
"Some think stiffness is in the body. Yogis believe stiffness is in the mind.
What are you holding onto?, they ask. Surrender!" ~ Bhavani



"Yoga is all about creating space. The mind, the heart, the rib cage to allow the breathe to be full, the blood vessels to soften and dilate, the vertebras to lengthen and separate, allowing for spongy discs to be full, not compressed. And the joints to open and be spacious." ~ Tara

Enough blogging for today, it's habit forming. And will make a nice journal when printed.

Mahalo Nui Loa, Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home